Potato Review Vacancies
Seed Potato Production Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated seed potato manager for our 360ha seed potato enterprise based in North Yorkshire. We have invested significantly in storage, grading, planting and harvesting equipment in the past year as part of a long-term commitment to English seed production.
The successful candidate will have considerable potato production experience ideally within the seed sector. Being highly organised, a good communicator with strong man management skills are a pre-requisite. Intuitively reporting regularly on budgets and financial performance are also a key requirement. Business support will be provided from the Farms Director, 3rd party agronomy and specialist consultancy if required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organisation and management of all seed enterprise operations
- Staff management, recruitment, planning and development
- Financial reporting and budget preparation
- All testing & sampling of stocks
- Close and regular communication with seed customers
- Working closely with our agronomist to deliver excellent in field results
- High levels of machinery management and capex planning
- Store and grading process management
Please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] or for an informal discussion 07415 638864