04 October 2021
Learn more and have an input on biogases
AN online conference will give growers, suppliers and others in the industry the chance to have their say and learn more about biogases and our potential input.
Those interested can attend the event, 'Biogases: Driving the transition from fossils to green', on October 13th or 14th, between midday and 3.30pm (or both days).
The World Biogas Association (WBA) and World LPG Association (WLPGA) have teamed up to host the conference discussing how Biomethane and BioLPG can provide solutions to decarbonising key sectors of the global economy by impacting on carbon-intensive industries such as heat and transport, and supporting the development of sustainable farming and circular cities.
The conference will feature eminent speakers from around the world, including Keisuke Sadamori of the International Energy Agency.
Over the two days' event, you will be able to hear in particular:
• Dr Nick Primmer of WBA presenting the WBA's Biogas: Pathways to 2030 report describing how anaerobic digestion can deliver a 10% cut in GHG emissions by 2030.
• Benoit Duee of Elengy discussing the company's project to develop Bio-LNG maritime fuel, and broader plans for greening the maritime sector.
• Prof Bruce Dale of Michigan State University taking on the food vs fuel debate and how these competing demands can be aligned.
• Amaya Arias Garcia of Nortegas addressing design flexibility of anaerobic digestion to deliver zero waste objectives.
• Global institutions describing the policy mechanisms required for these biogases to be enabled for rapid roll out and help in the delivery of the Paris Agreement targets.
For details on how to register, see our events page.