09 June 2022
NRoSO offers a helping hand
THE National Register of Sprayer Operators (NRoSO) has introduced a Covid Compassion Scheme to aid members who fell into difficulties since the outbreak of the coronavirus.
The Voluntary Initiative (VI) and City & Guilds have issued a joint announcement saying they are aware that during 2020 and 2021, several COVID-19 related circumstances led to difficulties for members of the National Register of Sprayer Operators (NRoSO1) obtaining continuing professional development (CPD) points.
The VI, NRoSO Advisory Board and City & Guilds have therefore decided to extend the NRoSO suspension period (before membership cancellation) from 45 days to 90 days. This extension of the suspension period began on June 1st and will run until December 31st 2022.
During this extended period, CPD points gained will supplement any historical shortfall and lead to membership reinstatement. Members will still be required to obtain 30 CPD points for their current membership period.
Members can find how to obtain CPD points here and find their current points status by creating an online account or signing in to their account.
If NRoSO Members have had their membership cancelled since January 1st, 2022 and feel they qualify for re-instatement they are urged to contact City & Guilds at [email protected], by writing to the NRoSO Customer Support Team, City & Guilds, 4 Red Hall Court, Wakefield WF1 2UN or by calling 02476 857300.
New Structure for membership renewal re. CPD points:
• Introduction of the Covid Compassion Scheme – to be reviewed January 2023
• Increases number of days outside membership term (was 45 days, increased to 90 days) that members will be able to obtain any additional CPD points to gain their full 30 points
• Members membership will show as “suspended” on system from the day of their 3 year term ending
• CPD points can be gained from either historical events (such as NSTS test (1 per membership year, 3 points), agronomist meetings (2 per membership year, 2 points per meeting) or new events (such as agronomist meetings, subscriptions, EIO online learning (2, 4 or 8 point course available) if held within the Covid Compassion Scheme window – please refer to NRoSO National Register of Sprayer Operators
• Members can still operate under Farm Assurance during this period of suspension
• Membership cancellation
• If members do not obtain their required 30 points within their 3 year period + the additional 90 days now provided through the Covid Compassion Scheme, their membership will be cancelled for 6 months
• Members will not be able to operate under Farm Assurance during this period
• After six months, members will be able to re-join the scheme under a new membership.