30 September 2020
Smart vertical farm lighting and monitoring solution
SUPPLIER of software development services, Intellias, has delivered a web version of an indoor horticulture lighting solution that allows users to manage an entire vertical farm in just one click. The vertical farm lighting software provides growers with real-time insights into farm conditions, including temperature, humidity, ventilation, and other vital factors and can automatically adjust lighting using AI algorithms trained on collected sensor data.
The vertical lighting solution can be used for farms operating on skyscraper rooftops, under extreme weather conditions, and in space. Farm managers can experiment with cultivation cycle features to design the best recipes for growing particular crops under certain conditions.
Using IoT sensors and cameras, the indoor horticulture lighting and monitoring system can capture photos and videos of plants. Built-in artificial intelligence algorithms analyze data by matching images with a huge database. As a result, LED lighting in agriculture ensures production of healthy food and efficient use of land and resources thanks to vertical farming technologies such as:
* Temperature, carbon dioxide, and humidity measurements with automatic adjustments
* Automation of horticulture lighting systems to optimize climate conditions for indoor growing
* AI algorithms to analyze crop statuses, including image recognition from photo and video monitoring data
* Lighting scheduling for timely illumination of crops
* An intuitive template-based user interface for farmers, which allows them to create the right conditions for specific crops
* While our engineers were developing the web application, our designers were asked to create a user interface for the future mobile application that would enable farm managers to monitor plant conditions by measuring certain parameters and applying plant image recognition technology using only their mobile devices.
* Smart Vertical Farm Lighting and Monitoring Solution
Using a farmer-friendly interface, users will be able to observe deviations in plant development and remotely adjust artificial lighting to improve conditions for plant growth. The indoor horticulture lighting and monitoring system also includes algorithms that can automatically adjust climate conditions within vertical farms to eliminate potential hazards to plant health. In addition, the vertical farm lighting solution covers all stages of plant growth, from seeding to maturing and blooming, adapting conditions to each stage.