Northern Real Farming Conference
Monday 28 September 2020 - Saturday 10 October 2020
The Northern Real Farming Conference virtual event is packed full of practical workshops and informative webinars and runs between September 28th and October 10th 2020.
The impact of the Covid-19 out-break and measures to contain its spread are reaching far into our families, communities, economies, labour markets and supply chains. Along with the increasingly evident impact of the climate and ecological crises, now, more than ever, we need to re-think our approaches to farming, fishing and food.
The Northern Real Farming Conference is a unique opportunity to meet the people putting new models of farming into practice, be inspired by those who have been farming for some time, and connect with other farmers facing their own challenges in producing good, affordable food for healthy communities.
The conference will bring together farmers, fishers, land managers, the food sector, researchers and activists from the North to share practical experiences with an interest in meeting global food system challenges in innovative and environmentally regenerative ways.
For anyone considering submitting a session, please note:
- The conference will be run online via Zoom or a similar technology. Therefore, please be sure that your connectivity is sufficient to present online via this type of platform
- For anyone who would like to present, but would like training/support in doing so online, please tick the box relating to this on the form when you submit your session
- You will have the option to request a chair/facilitator for your session from the conference team, or to identify someone yourselves in your proposal
- All formal sessions will be scheduled to last for 75 minutes (an hour and a quarter), so bear this in mind when submitting your proposal
- The expectation is that all sessions will be available for free access after the event, so by running a session, you give permission for this to happen
- All participants will be expected to buy a ticket for the event. You can access booking information on the Tickets page
- As well as panel and discussion sessions, we also welcome quirky and innovative sessions, especially around the ‘food’ and socialising themes which, had we been able to run a face to face event, would have been important elements of the event
The conference is run by LESS (a non-profit registered community interest company based in Lancaster) and in partnership with FoodFutures and the Oxford Real Farming Conference. The conference ticket income helps to cover the cost of a part-time coordinator for the event, licences/costs for on-line delivery and the website, design and curation of digital content. In the event that any small surplus is made from the event, the funds will be carried forward to support the next NRFC and to ensure the legacy of the 2020 event.
Tickets will be available and provide real-time live access to all the online conference sessions between 28 September and 10 October. Please contribute what you can:
£15 (plus booking fee): for anyone who is short on funds
£25 (plus booking fee): for everyone who is able to pay the higher fee
Additional donations of between £20-£50.