LEAF Open Farm Sunday
Sunday 20 September 2020
Farms open to the public to show food source transparency
Annual open day designed to encourage and support more farmers, smallholders and crofters bringing together existing and potential LOFS host farmers to share ideas and top tips on planning, activities and offering the public a safe and memorable farm visit.
“This year is LEAF Open Farm Sunday’s 15th anniversary and we’re keen to build on its success and see even more farms across the country taking part. These relaxed and informal events are a great opportunity for getting ideas and networking with other farmers taking part. Whether organising an event for the first time or an experienced host - there is something for everyone, however large or small your event.”
LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) offers LOFS host farmers a range of free support which includes:
- Online webinars and information videos
- A host farmer Information Pack available to download for farmers considering hosting their first LEAF Open Farm Sunday event
- A free resource pack containing publicity material (posters, flyers, gate banner, etc), suggested activities, health and safety guidance, polo shirt and lots more!
- Website (www.farmsunday.org) where farmers can find the full list of networking and information events, register and promote their LOFS event, order free resource packs, and find out more about LEAF Open Farm Sunday
- Communications Toolkit to help farmers prepare for speaking with the public on the day.
LEAF Open Farm Sunday gives the public the opportunity to discover where their food comes from and how farmers care for the countryside. Over 400 farms across the country, from Jersey to the Shetland Isles, are expected to open.